Over the last thirty years, the number of extreme climate events causing economic losses more than tripled around the world. Mark Carney, the Governor of the Bank of England and Chairman of the G20’s Financial Stability Board (FSB), claimed that the physical risks are a serious threat to financial stability. However, very few actors have a clear understanding of these risks as of right now.
To address this important issue, Carbone 4 with the support of its partners wants to bring an effective solution with the development of C.R.I.S. – Climate Risk Impact Screening – a tool helping financial actors to better identify the physical risks that threaten their asset portfolios.
The C.R.I.S. project was officially launched on Wednesday, 9 November 2016, at a press conference with the following speakers:
• Jean-Marc Jancovici and Alain Grandjean, Associates and Co-founders of Carbone 4
• Philippe Desfossés, Chief Executive, ERAFP
• Françoise Rivière, Head of the Research & Development division, AFD
• Olivier Rousseau, Managing Director, FRR
• Vincent Pichon, Head of Strategy/Projects, CDC
This innovative project driven by Carbone 4 has received its first financial supports from major players, such as: AFD, CDC, FRR, Natixis-Mirova, CDG Capital, ERAFP, BNP Paribas and EDF.