Carbone 4 has been selected to develop the methodology and conduct the environmental analyses for the “Reinventing Cities” international competition. Launched by the C40 Cities Climate Leadership Group, this unprecedented global initiative aims to spur innovative low-carbon and resilient urban regeneration.
Globally, 19 cities and 49 sites have been selected for redevelopment, including market places, empty plots, public spaces, an old airport and historical buildings.
Carbone 4 will undertake the evaluation alongside Carbon Trust, its British counterpart, covering several environmental challenges:
- Building energy efficiency and supply of clean energy
- Sustainable materials management and the circular economy
- Green mobility and transport
- Climate change adaptation and resilience
- Integration of green services in the neighbourhood
- Green growth and Smart Cities development
- Sustainable water management
- Biodiversity, urban re-vegetation and farming
The international consortium also includes the Climate-KIC, Algoe and TU Berlin.
The winning projects will serve as model examples for cities around the world in order to demonstrate the feasibility of both decarbonised and economically viable urban developments. Thanks to the experience gained through its participation in the Réinventer Paris and Inventons la métropole competitions, Carbone 4 is honoured to be able to provide expertise on carbon topics for this innovative and global competition.
© pictarena – fotolia.com