Alain Grandjeanfounding partner of Carbone 4
- PhD, Economy of the environment
- Graduate of ÉcoleNationale Supérieure de la Statistique et de l’Administration Economique
- Graduate of École Polytechnique
Alain Grandjean is one of the founding partners of Carbone 4 created in 2007. His expertise on the energy transition, with a special focus on its economic and financial aspects, is widely recognized. He has been a member and sometimes presided, several government commissions, and is involved in think-tanks and foundations.
He has 30 years of experience as a corporate executive and adviser to corporate executives, and is the author of several books and reports. Since 2007 he also lectures and leads training sessions on energy and climate issues and on financing of the energy transition.
Co-president of the carbon pricing task force, reporting to French Environment Minister Ségolène Royal, chair of COP21.
Alain Grandjean, Pascal Canfin (WWF France) and Gérard Mestrallet (Engie) were assigned the mission of writing a report on carbon pricing in France, in Europe and worldwide, submitted in July 2016.
Co-author of a report entitled "Mobiliser les financements pour le climat" with Pascal Canfin, submitted in June 2015 to French President François Hollande.
Chair of the Experts Committee for the National Debate on the Energy Transition
Member of the Rocard Commission on the Climate Energy Contribution
Member of the Juppé/Rocard commission on a proposed major government bond issue.
Member of the Economic Council for Sustainable Development, advisory body to the French Ministry for Ecology, Energy, Sustainable Development, Land and Infrastructure
Member of the Strategic Analysis Council commission devoted to determining a tutelary price for carbon
Lecturer and leader of training sessionson climate and energy issues, focusing particularly on economic aspects
Creation and development of Carbone 4,carbon strategy consulting firm, in association with Jean-Marc Jancovici
Member of the Scientific Committee of the Fondation Nicolas Hulot
Creation and development of AGConseil, management consultancy
- Regular columns for Altereco+
- Numerous articles in the economic press
- Financer la transition énergétique. Carbone, climat, argent. Les éditions de l’atelier, 2016,with Mireille Martini.
- Miser (vraiment) sur la transition écologique. Les éditions de l’atelier, 2014, with Hélène Le Teno.
- C’estmaintenant! 3 ans pour changer le monde. Seuil 2009, with Jean-Marc Jancovici.
- Les Etatset le Carbone. PUF 2009, withBenoîtFaracoand Patrick Criqui.
- Le Pleins’ilvous plait. Seuil 2006, with Jean-Marc Jancovici.
- Environnement et Entreprises : En finiravec les discours. Village Mondial 2006, with Thierry Libaertand Dominique Bourg.
- La monnaiedévoilée. l’Harmattan 1996, with Gabriel Galand.
Author of one or more chapters:
- Science conscience etenvironnement. Penser le monde complexe. Pressesuniversitaires de France, 2016, eds. Dominique Bourg, Gérald Hess
- Dictionnaire de la penséeécologique. Presses Universitaires de France, eds. Dominique Bourg, Alain Papaux. Definition of the environmental transition writtenwith Hélène Le Téno.
- 20 propositions pour réformer le capitalisme. Flammarion 2012, eds. Cécile Renouard, Gael Giraud.
- Versunesociétésobreetdésirable. PUF 2010, eds. Philippe Bourg, Alain Papaux.
- Criseécologique, crise des valeurs? Défis pour l’anthropologieet la spiritualité. Dominique Bourg, Philippe Roch.