Areas of expertise
- Climate risk analysis
- Development of analytical, monitoring and mainstreaming methods and tools
- Assessment of investment projects
- Prospective studies on energy and climate issues
- Adaptation and mitigation strategies
- MSc Economics of Environment and Sustainable Development, EDDEE at Paristech
- MSc in Life Sciences, INA-PG
Violaine is a Manager at Carbon 4.
An engineer and specialist in risks related to the impacts of climate change, Violaine leads the Physical Risks and Adaptation practice.
Working with industries, real estates, infrastructure managers and financial players, Violaine has developed an innovative risk assessment method CRIS and is implementing it to help economic players address these issues and encourage the implementation of resilient policies.
Committed to these subjects for 9 years, Violaine contributes to raising awareness among the general public and economic stakeholders by hosting conferences, training and discussions on innovation for adaptation to the impacts of climate change.
Before joining Carbon 4, Violaine worked on climate issues at an embassy as a cooperation attaché and COP21 focal point, at the United Nations as assistant to the director of a technical centre on climate change and at a French consulting company as a consultant on adaptation to local authorities.
- Lepousez V., Jancovici JM. Pourquoi les risques climatiques physiques sont-ils importants pour les acteurs financiers ? Revue Banque 2017
- Lepousez V. et al. Climate Risk Impact Screening: the methodological guidebook. Carbone 4, Paris. October 2017.
- Lepousez V., et al. Understanding the needs from sub national actors for adaptation services: a Climate-KIC case study in 5 European countries. Presentation to AdaptationFrontiers International Conference, Mars 2014.
- Wrobel M., Lepousez V., et al. Towards tailored adaptation services for sub-national actors in Europe: results from a KIC pathfinder study. Presentation to ADAPTtoCLIMATE International Conference, Mars 2014.
- Retière A. et Lepousez V., Une approche territoriale de la vulnérabilité des ressources en eau de la région métropolitaine de l’Uruguay. In Zones côtières et changement climatique. Presses de l’Université du Québec, 2011.
- Lepousez V. et Loukos H., La vulnérabilité de l’outre-mer : le cas de la Martinique, CLIMPACT, 2011, 29 p.
- Retière A. et Lepousez V., The Territorial Approach to Climate Change, in UNEP Climate Action 2009-2010. UNEP 2010.
- Contribution to Mapping Climate Change Vulnerability and Impact Scenarios : A guidebook for Sub-National Planners. UNDP 2010