Most greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions come from energy use. To respond to the imperative task of fighting climate change the energy sector is facing an unprecedented transition. In addition, reducing the dependence on fossil resources is a factor for increased economic resilience that supports this transition.
Carbone 4 is at the heart of this revolution, accompanying clients at all levels of the energy value chain, from production and generation to supply networks and consumption. Our objective is to help our clients draw up an energy strategy that is both aligned with climate goals and suited to their activity.
Our work is grounded in our recognized expertise in drawing up strategic roadmap documents, forward-looking scenarios, action plans, technical and economic analyses and market segment studies.
Actors in the sector
Conventional energy producers and suppliers
The business models inherited from the past are no longer relevant. The coming transition calls for answers to many questions.
- What strategic and operational decisions are to be made in this rapidly changing context?
- What are the new energy-related markets in which the company can take a position?
- Is the company’s energy strategy aligned with the 2°C goal of the Paris agreement? Is it in line with investors’ criteria?
Renewable energy producers and suppliers
Renewable energy – electrical, thermal or other resources – is part of the solution to the climate crisis.
- What amount of GHG emissions can be avoided by using renewable energy?
- In what circumstances and conditions are renewable energy solutions most pertinent and how can their advantages be exploited?
- Depending on the context, what decisions will encourage development of renewable energy resources and use?
Highly energy-dependent companies
Whether in industry or transport, the new energy landscape is pushing companies to redefine their strategies.
- How can companies take advantage of new opportunities and contribute to the energy transition, while continuing to improve their performance?
- To what extent is the company’s business plan compatible with the future energy situation?
- How will energy price trends affect the competitiveness of the company and of the sector as a whole?
Territorial authorities and public bodies
Public authorities have a crucial role to play in addressing the structural issue of energy. We work on these questions with public authorities and government bodies.
- What solutions should be supported, and how, to obtain the most benefits for the community?
- What strategy should be devised for public institutions that fund the energy transition in France and around the world?
- How can forward-looking scenarios be drawn up and applied in the framework of public policy-making?