Jean-Marc Jancovicifounding partner of Carbone 4
- Graduate of École Polytechnique
- Graduate of École Nationale Supérieure des Télécommunications de Paris
Jean-Marc Jancovici is a founding partner of Carbone 4. His expertise in energy and climate is recognized. Since 2000 he has worked to encourage companies and organizations to integrate carbon constraints in their thinking. To this end he has drafted successive versions of the Bilan Carbone® tool for ADEME, from 2000 to 2010.
He also teaches at Mines ParisTech, as well as giving lectures at many other schools and institutions. He a founder, co-founder or chairperson for many not-for-profit groups, the author a number of books and a regular columnist in the press.
2008 – 2009 – 2015
Founder and chair of The Shift Project
a think-tank devoted to transition policies to make the economy less dependent on fossil fuel.
Professor at Mines ParisTech
Member of the French delegation to the Conference of the Parties (COP) (Poznan, Copenhagen, Paris).
Creation of Carbone 4 with Alain Grandjean.
Co-founder and first chair of AvenirClimatique
a not-for-profit group that advocates for discussion of energy and climate in higher education
Participated in the Grenelle environmental conference.
Co-founder with Jean-Louis Caffier of the Entretiens de Combloux
the only “winter session” seminar in France for media editors focusing on energy and climate change issues.
Chair of the advisory committee to the National Energy Debate.
Member of the environmental intelligence committee
Member of the environmental intelligence committee, and later of the strategy committee at the Fondation Nicolas Hulot,and co-author of the "environmental pact" issued in the run-up to the 2007 presidential election in France.
- Author of the energy and climate website for the general public manicore.com (3,000–5,000 visitors daily)
- Regular commentator for the newspaper Les Echos, after stints at France Info and TF1
- Dormez tranquilles jusqu’en 2100, et autres malentendus sur le climat et l’énergie. Odile Jacob, 2015
- Changer le monde – Tout un programme!Calmann-Lévy, 2011
- Le changement climatique expliqué à ma fille. Seuil 2009, translated into seven languages, Prix Lignes de Science
- C’est maintenant! 3 ans pour changer le monde. Seuil 2009, co-written with Alain Grandjean
- Le Plein s’il vous plait. Le Seuil, 2006, with Alain Grandjean
- L’Effet de Serre. Flammarion 2004, co-written with Hervé Le Treut (CNRS Research director, et member of the Académie des Sciences)
- L’AvenirClimatique. Seuil 2002, Prix Roberval