The impacts of climate change are already visible today, everywhere in the world, and their cost will increase greatly in coming years. As of today public and private organizations must adapt to be ready for these climate risks.
Companies are directly exposed to different types of risk – to their operations, assets, competitiveness – due to the impacts of climate change. To manage these risks companies must evaluate their exposure and put the necessary adaptation measures into place.
Carbone 4 works with all types of organizations to structure their approach to climate issues.
Risk analysis for a company
Carbone 4 proposes methodology to identify and evaluate the risks incurred by a company and its value chain. Adapted to our clients’ specific needs, this methodology is used to:
- conduct a “macro” evaluation of company and value chain risks;
- carry out an in-depth analysis of risks for one or more sites;
- identify climate-dependent processes and the level of risk coverage;
Risk screening for buildings and infrastructure
Carbone 4 has developed detailed risk analysis methodologies for certain types of assets. The aim of these specific methodologies is to assess current and future risk levels for buildings and infrastructure properties, and answer the following questions:
- What are the main climate risks incurred by real estate holdings?
- How can climate change impact risks be managed for long-term infrastructure investment?
- What assets are most at risk? How can they be made more climate-resilient?
Adaptation measures for a company
Carbone 4 works with clients to draw up their adaptation strategy, with the objective of adapting and making their company more resilient to climate change. Companies can then answer the following questions:
- What steps should be taken within the company to manage these risks?
- How can operational teams be involved and at what level?
- How does the company choose and set the pace for appropriate adaptation measures?
- What “no-regrets” solutions will make the company more resilient?
Risk rating for investment portfolios
Carbone 4, in collaboration with several financial service companies, is working to develop an innovative methodology to measure exposure to physical climate risk for assets in an investment portfolio, under the name Climate Risk and Impact Screening (CRIS).
This methodology is designed to characterize and track the exposure of an investment portfolio to physical risks.
MYCRIS: An innovative tool for a preliminary analysis of your company’s risks related to climate change
Carbone 4 has developed mycris to allow companies to assess their level of risk related to climate change. Mycris provides companies with a tailor-made pedagogical screening of their climate risk profile without the need for any confidential or sensitive information.
- The development of mycris was supported by beta users including 6 international companies from the industrial, chemical and energy sectors, as well as the tourism and transport sectors thanks to Club Med and Fundaciòn Valencia Port.
- Mycris is based on the scientific CRIS methodology, which stands for Climate Risk Impact Screening. This method has been developed by Carbone 4 and sponsored by major financial players thanks to the support of a high-level scientific expert committee.
- Discover the website : c4mycris.com