Carbone 4 & LTIIA Webinar : “The elephant in the room”: Climate challenges and opportunities for infrastructure investors
“Existing infrastructure represents already 95% of our carbon budget allowing us to remain below 2ºC global warming” (International Energy Agency).
Infrastructure is key for the climate challenge in order to respect the COP21 international commitment to limit global warming to well below 2°C compared to preindustrial levels. With this in mind, infrastructure investors & managers face strategic business challenges, such as:
* Exposure to stranded assets related to the energy transition (e.g. under which conditions could airports operate in line with a 2°C compatible pathway?)
* Exposure to physical consequences of climate change (e.g. what are the financial costs of growing climate hazards for road assets?)
* Compatibility of assets with a 2°C pathway (e.g. how to implement sustainable roadmaps in order to decrease a portfolio’s carbon footprint? Which criteria should be used to select sustainable assets?)
LTIIA and Carbone 4 invite you to this free webinar with a presentation by Carbone 4 and an open discussion.
Webinar speakers and participants are invited to discuss the following topics:
– How can asset managers incorporate the climate imperative into their infrastructure asset selection process and portfolio management? How can asset managers benchmark their investments against a 2°C compatible pathway?
– How can asset managers conduct an energy transition risk and resilience assessment of their portfolio? How can possible stranded assets be identified?
Americas and Europe Webinar: June 11th, 2019, 5pm Paris – 4pm London – 11am New York, 1 hour duration
- Moderated by François Bergere, Executive Director, LTIIA
- Juliette Decq, Alexandre Joly, Manager and Senior Consultant, Carbone 4
- Ginette Borduas, ESG Compliance Officer, Meridiam
- James Pass, Senior Managing Director, Guggenheim Partners
- Audience Q&A
The link to connect to the webinar will be sent to you a few days before.