Achieving net zero at global level requires companies not only to rapidly reduce their direct and indirect greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, but also to accelerate global decarbonization efforts by delivering additional solutions that are compatible with a 1.5°C pathway and enabling others to reduce emissions as well. This broader contribution of companies to the global Net Zero target has been defined as Avoided Emissions.
In order to ensure the highest possible integrity of assessments and claims regarding avoided emissions generated by solutions, the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) and Net Zero Initiative (NZI) have developed a pioneering guidance from an iterative stakeholder collaboration with multinational companies and an advisory group of NGOs and academia.
Join us on 22 March at 12:00 PM CET for our virtual launch event, where you will hear insights from key participants in the development of the guidance.
The 45-minute session will include:
- Impulse speech by Dominic Waughray, Executive VP, WBCSD
- Overview of the guidance by the authors
- Reflections on the guidance by two Advisory Group members,
- Pernilla Bergmark, Principal Sustainability Impacts Researcher ICT and Exponential Roadmap author, and
- Gregory A. Norris, Director, SHINE at MIT and Co-Founder & Chief Scientist, Earthstar
- Opening on the role of Avoided Emissions in Net Zero Transition Planning by Tony Rooke, Executive Director, GFANZ
Thank you for joining us!
Contact us about any question you have about Carbone 4, or for a request for specific assistance.